Rodent Control in Newport News
Rodents are not just an unsightly nuisance; they pose significant health risks and can cause considerable damage to your property. Whether it's your home or place of business, the presence of rodents is a serious matter that requires immediate attention. In Virginia, common rodent species such as house mice, Norway rats, and roof rats can often be found making themselves at home in buildings, causing all sorts of stress for property owners.
Accel Pest & Termite Control can help! Call us today at (757) 384-1302 to schedule a free estimate.
Signs of Rodent Infestation
Detecting a rodent infestation early is crucial to minimizing potential damage and health risks. Here are some signs to watch out for:
- Droppings: Finding rodent droppings around your property is one of the most common signs of an infestation.
- Gnaw marks: Look for marks on furniture, wires, food packaging, and wooden structures.
- Chewed food packaging: Rodents will chew through food packaging to get to the food inside.
- Nests: Rodents build nests from shredded paper, fabric, or plant matter in hidden areas.
- Noises: Scratching and scampering sounds in walls, attics, or basements often indicate a rodent presence.
- Unusual pet behavior: If you have a pet, they may start acting strangely if there are rodents in your home. For example, your pet may start scratching at the walls or sniffing around the baseboards.
The Dangers of Rodent Infestation
If you notice any of the above signs of a rodent infestation, it’s important to take action right away. Rodents can cause significant damage to your home and property, and they can also spread dangerous diseases.
Having a rodent infestation on your property can lead to numerous potential hazards, including:
- Health risks: Rodents are carriers of various diseases, including hantavirus, salmonellosis, and leptospirosis.
- Property damage: Rodents can cause structural damage by gnawing on wood and electrical wires, potentially leading to fire hazards.
- Food contamination: Rodents can contaminate food supplies and preparation areas with their feces, urine, and hair.
- Flea and tick infestations: These parasites live on rodents and can be brought into your property in their fur. Fleas and ticks leave itchy bites and can spread disease.
- Psychological distress: The presence of rodents can cause stress and anxiety among occupants.
Fortunately, our team of experts have years of experience and can quickly identify the source of your rodent problem and develop a customized treatment plan that is tailored to your unique needs.
Effective Rodent Control
At Accel Pest & Termite Control, we provide comprehensive rodent control services in Newport News and beyond. Our services include thorough inspections, exclusion techniques, and baiting and trapping to eliminate current infestations and prevent future ones.
Our experts are adept at detecting indications of a rodent infestation in your residential or commercial premises and addressing the root cause. Additionally, our rodent exclusion services aim to prevent and minimize the chances of rodents infiltrating your property by efficiently sealing all access points that rats or mice might exploit. Additionally, we identify and secure potential entryways to ensure your home or business space remains free from rodents.
Help Keep Your Property Rodent-Free
While it’s not always possible to prevent a rodent infestation, there are several steps you can take to reduce your risk.
Some of the most effective ways to prevent a rodent infestation include:
- Sanitation: Keep your home or business clean, especially the kitchen and storage areas. Rodents are attracted to food sources and clutter.
- Keep your yard clean and tidy: Rodents are attracted to clutter, so it’s important to keep your yard as clean and well-kept as possible. Make sure to pick up any fallen fruit or nuts, and keep your grass cut short. You should also trim back any tree branches or shrubs that are touching your home.
- Seal entry points: Seal cracks, holes, and gaps where rodents could enter your property. Use caulk to seal up any cracks or gaps in your foundation, walls, or windows. You should also install door sweeps on all of your exterior doors.
- Properly store firewood: Rodents love to nest in firewood piles, so it’s important to store your firewood at least 20 feet away from your home. You should also keep your firewood elevated off the ground and covered with a tarp.
- Properly store food: Store all food, including pet food, in rodent-proof containers and avoid leaving pet food out overnight.
- Schedule regular inspections: Regularly inspect your property for signs of rodent activity and do not delay in calling our professionals if you notice any signs of an infestation.
By partnering with Accel Pest & Termite Control, you can rest assured that your property is in good hands. Contact us today to schedule a free inspection and let's work together to make your property rodent-free!
Tim is a great employee!! Very informative, professional, and great work . Highly recommend this company after our first service.- Liz M
Accel did a great job treating our house along with having on-time and friendly customer experience
I really enjoyed my experience with Accel. The initial review of our house and follow up service call were timely and professional. Specially, the our service tech., Tim Jackson, was very knowledgeable and friendly to my family while he was treating our house. Thank you for the great customer experience.- Devon Heath
I highly recommend this company! They have given more than 5 star service! The sales person and technichian David and Brandon explained everything in detail. I would use them for any pest control needs.- Regina