Richmond Pest Control
Proven Pest Removal Solutions by Richmond's Top Exterminators
Richmond provides breathtaking views of the James River, and history is around every bend. Unfortunately, pests are also prevalent. Since insects commonly carry diseases and cause costly structural damage, it is essential to learn how to prevent and eliminate the most common infestations. That's where Accel Pest & Termite Control comes in - we're your top-rated local pest control specialists with more than 10 years of experience.
Our Richmond, VA pest control team can handle all types of common pests, including:
Use our online scheduler to make your inspection appointment with a Richmond exterminator, or call us now to request same-day service.
Richmond, VA Termite Control
Termites commonly live and hide in the walls of your home, so they are hard to detect. These pests often pose a terrible threat to southern states. As they invade homes, they can cause expensive structural damage. They fit into the smallest concrete gaps and devour all the wood they encounter. These insects work silently, and by the time an infestation is detected, it is probably too late. Taking preventive measures will prevent problems before they begin, but if you have even the smallest suspicion that termites are present on your property, take immediate action and call our termite control professionals for an inspection.
Be on the lookout for these signs you have a termite infestation:
- Discarded Wing Piles. Termites are winged creatures that use their ability to fly to find a new place to live. Once they arrive at a new home, they abandon their wings. If you find a pile of insect wings in your home or near an opening from the outside, chances are high that you now have a colony of unwanted termites residing in your home.
- Wood Damage. Damaged wood is an obvious sign of a termite issue, but this type of damage can take some time to notice unless you conduct a careful inspection. Termites prefer the dark, so they generally avoid the surface of the targeted wood piece. Fortunately, there is an easy way to check the wood in your home simply by tapping your walls with a screwdriver. If you hear a hollow noise when you tap, it may be time to call a termite exterminator. Checking your wood floors for any signs of sagging can also help you identify a possible infestation.
- Swarmers. As a colony of termites matures, swarmers will leave the nest to look for new homes. This usually occurs twice a year: once in the spring and once in the fall. If you spot a swarm on your home's exterior, it's a good idea to be extra vigilant about the potential for termites inside your home. The termites may be looking for a way to get into your home.
- Formation of Mud Tubes. Termites create mud tubes to protect themselves from predators and to create a damp and dark place for them to eat wood. Mud tubes commonly appear on exterior locations close to the ground, such as your home's foundation. If you're feeling adventurous, you can pull out part of a mud tube and look inside for termites.
- Insect Droppings. Termites are not neat and tidy creatures; as they tunnel through the wood in your home, they deposit droppings known as frass. Frass is similar to wood shavings in shape and color. If you notice an unexpected pile of sawdust on your floor, you may have a termite problem.
Termites are not easy pests to deal with on your own. If you suspect you may have an infestation, getting professional help can eliminate the problem so that you can avoid catastrophic damage to your home. Contact Accel Pest & Termite Control today to get help from our experienced termite exterminators.
There are more than 12,000 species of ants in the world, with plenty of variation in the way ants look. However, ants share certain common features that make them fairly easy to recognize. Ants are six-legged insects with narrow waists, large heads and elbowed antennae. Amazingly strong for their size, they are typically somewhere between 2 millimeters and 25 millimeters long and black, brown, yellow or reddish in color. When you spot one ant, you're likely to see another nearby. These social insects live cooperatively in large colonies.
The problem with ants, besides them being a huge nuisance, is that they can contaminate food and water, making it unfit for human consumption. Certain species also bring additional troubles. For example, carpenter ants can damage homes as they chew through the wood to build their nests. Other species, including fire ants, bite or sting. At Accel Pest & Termite Control, we understand how important it is to properly identify the type of ant and target the problem at its source: the colony. We also recognize that different situations require different solutions. That's why we only send out highly-skilled, experienced pest control professionals who have the knowledge and experience necessary to create a customized strategy that will provide effective ant control for your property.
Mice and rats have the potential to cause a ton of damage to your home, as they love to chew through things like insulation, wood, wiring, piping, and more. If you suspect that rodents have invaded your attic, crawl space, or basement, give us a call as soon as possible. Our Richmond rodent control specialists can perform a thorough check of your property to identify entry points, remove the pests, and keep them from coming back.
In addition to causing significant damage to the structure of your home, rodents also carry a number of diseases that can threaten human health, including Lyme disease, typhus, and rat-bite fever, which are spread through bacteria and viruses in their feces. Rodent infestations often also go hand-in-hand with flea and tick infestations. As rodents reproduce quickly, it's imperative that you call a pest control professional without delay to curb the problem before it gets larger.
Cockroaches can grow to over two inches long. They have six legs and two antennae. Some have wings as well. Since they spread disease, they can become health hazards to humans, especially when they infest food in your kitchen. They enter your home through drain pipes or other open cracks in walls or floors and search for food and a warm and moist environment. Since they reproduce rapidly, a large problem can develop in a short period of time. Besides spreading diseases, cockroach droppings or old skins often aggravate allergies and can cause asthma attacks.
Certain spiders like moist areas, especially in basements and crawl spaces. Others enjoy warm and dark locations, including air vents and attics. These pests commonly enter homes through cracks in windows and doors. Although most spiders are harmless, they can bite, which leads to red welts or allergic reactions. Richmond is home to more dangerous spiders as well. For example, the brown recluse spider can make a person extremely ill. This spider loves to hide behind furniture and among clothing that has been packed away. Bites begin red, turn black, and can spread to the rest of the body. If untreated, a person may experience flu-like symptoms. To prevent an infestation, it is best to seal entry points and remove hiding places in your basement or garage.
Mosquitoes are so much more than just an annoyance - they are also carriers of some of the world's most dangerous diseases. Richmond residents know how humid and buggy it can get in our area and understand how critical it is to keep mosquitoes under control. At Accel, our mosquito treatment protocol involves an inspection of your property to identify breeding sites, addressing risk areas around your home, and taking action to interrupt the insects' life cycle and reduce their population.
Tip: Mosquitoes proliferate around standing water, so make sure to eliminate these areas around your property as best you can.
Flea & Tick Control
Fleas and ticks multiply quickly and love to bite people and pets, potentially transmitting Lyme Disease in the process. Fleas and ticks can be difficult to get rid of, which is why professional pest control is essential. Accel has more than a decade of experience handling these parasites and guarantees our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Plus, we don't try to trap you with long-term contracts - our preventative services are designed for flexibility.
Bee & Wasp Control
When bees and wasps choose to make your home their home, it's time to call Accel. Bees and wasp stings can be very painful or potentially even life-threatening for those with allergies. We caution homeowners to leave nests alone and call a bee & wasp control professional as soon as possible. Our experienced team knows how to remove these stinging pests safety and permanently.
Contact Accel Pest & Termite Control
If you suspect an infestation in your home, you should consult with a professional pest control company. These experts understand the safest and most effective methods of removing the problems. At Accel Pest & Termite Control, our skilled technicians are always available to deal with your issues in an appropriate and affordable manner. After the problem is gone, they will recommend ways to keep future issues from developing.
To request a FREE estimate for pest control in Richmond, please call (757) 384-1302.