Pest Control in Norfolk, VA
Top-Rated Exterminator in Norfolk
When the humidity ramps up in the summer and the arctic air dips in the winter, the weather sends the pests inside for shelter. Pests in your home or business can be quite a nuisance, and can even be dangerous for those who suffer from allergies or other health problems. At Accel Pest and Termite Control, we want to help to get rid of all your pests so that you can enjoy the comforts of your home or business as you truly deserve to.
Whether you're dealing with rodents or ants, no job is either too big or too small for us to take care of. Our professionals use high-quality pest control equipment and have years of combined experience. We know exactly what to do to get rid of pests quickly and efficiently. We are never looking for a temporary solution; instead, we aim to find the source of the problem and take it from there. From rodent control to termite removal, you can count on us, and we will get rid of your pests once and for all. Contact us to learn more about how we can make your home or business a better and safer place for you today. If you are looking for professional pest control services that work, contact our exterminator team in Norfolk, VA.
Our Norfolk pest control team can help you rescue your home or business from all types of pests, including:
- Bed bugs
- Bees and wasps
- Fleas and ticks
For expert pest control services in Norfolk, VA, call us at (757) 690-2254 or feel free to contact us online.
More than 1,000 different ant species roam the United States, and you're likely to encounter at least one when you walk outdoors. Sugar ants, odorous house ants, fire ants and other species infiltrate homes and properties across Virginia and the entire country. Some ants do physical damage to properties, such as the carpenter ant, which burrows holes in wood siding and decking.
Because ant colonies spread quickly, it's important to treat them at the first sign of their presence. Our technicians know how to identify the species and to use the appropriate treatments to eradicate them all. We'll remove the offending ants from your home or business and set up measures to keep them out in the future.
Rodents spread diseases and contaminate living and working spaces. They chew holes in walls, breed uncontrollably and leave behind feces as they scurry throughout your home. Mice and rats invade through cracks, crevices and gaps that lead from the outside to the inside. Sealing these entryways can keep rodents out of the interior.
Field mice, roof rats and other rodents often go unseen since they're mostly active during the night. Check for signs of feces in the cabinets, and listen for scratching or squeaking during the late hours. Our experienced technicians will inspect your home for rodents and remove the pests while setting up a preventative program to stop re-infestations.
Let's face it... cockroaches are just plain disgusting. Roaches are nocturnal insects that are notorious spreaders of diseases like E. coli, salmonella, and more. The presence of roaches is also linked to allergies in people of all ages and asthma in children. Many people are surprised to learn that cockroaches can invade even the cleanest of homes, so don't feel too badly if you have spotted them in your home—just take quick action and call Accel for fast, proven cockroach control. We can take care of infestations of all types of cockroaches, including German cockroaches, American cockroaches, and more.
Call our Richmond cockroach exterminators now if:
- You have seen a live or dead roach in your home
- You have found their egg cases (oblong containers) inside cabinets, on shelves, or anywhere else
- You have noticed an unpleasant oily, musty odor in your home
- You have found roach feces (may resemble elongated pellets or coffee grounds)
Many people find spiders to be some of the most frightening pests that could invade their home. While many spiders are not a threat to humans or pets, there are many varieties native to Virginia that are venomous, including the black widow. Whether you're finding spiders far too frequently inside of your home or are concerned about a growing quantity of spiders in your yard, don't wait to call the spider exterminators at Accel. While sprays may kill one or two spiders, they won't do a thing in the face of a real infestation, so make sure to get a professional involved for a lasting solution to the problem.
Mosquitoes are brazen in every sense of the word. They will plunge their proboscis into adults, children and pets. When it's time for these blood-thirsty insects to breed, did you know that they will go wherever there's water? It's true: Mosquitoes will lay their eggs in a small, wet bottle cap.
Keep an eye out for the following places where mosquitoes can breed:
- Things in Your Yard. Do you own birdbaths? Such things collect more than enough water to serve as breeding grounds. What makes them so ideal is the fact that they provide an adequate degree of shade, and they are rarely disturbed when birds aren't present. Spare tires are equally appealing to mosquitoes because they hold not only standing water but also decaying leaves. To reclaim your yard from these insects, it's imperative that you disrupt their lives. The secret is to do a little maintenance on the birdbaths. Eggs take at least 10 days to fully mature, so you should fill them up with fresh water every five days. If you don't plan on using those spare tires, consider storing them in a location where they can stay dry.
- Things in Your Area. Is there a pond near your home? Although this pool of water is beautiful and elegant, it's a huge invitation to mosquitoes. You have to understand that mosquitoes stay on the lookout for new territory. In their tiny eyes, ponds are a safe haven, so don't be shocked when you spot them swarming in the area. They are probably about to settle down to breed. Thankfully, you can obstruct their plans by adding fishes to the pond. Guppies and goldfishes don't hesitate to eat the larvae of mosquitoes. Also, you can install a waterfall because it will stir up the water and prevent the adult females from depositing their eggs. How many empty containers and buckets are lined up on the side of your home? Beware that each one of these things is prone to become a site for mosquito families. The standing water in buckets lures in pregnant mosquitoes because it's smelly, somewhat protected and easily accessible.
- Things on Your Home. Unfortunately, your home teems with components that are suitable for these insects. Gutters, pipes, wading pools and even flower pots can support the tiny eggs that mosquitoes lay. That's why it would be in your best interest to tidy up your home's exterior after a rainy day. Getting rid of every source of standing water is going to be a tall order, but this will certainly make a noticeable difference. Alternatively, you can leave the mosquitoes alone, and let a professional pest exterminator deal with them.
Professional Pest Control in Norfolk
Don't deal with rodent, termite and ant infestations on your own. Contact Accel Pest and Termite Control for your free quote and to schedule an inspection today. If you ignore a pest infestation or attempt to combat it yourself, you may have to deal with a bigger problem in the future. Pests multiply continuously throughout the year and resist many over-the-counter treatments. Our Norfolk pest control professionals will eliminate any pest infestations and keep them out of your home or business for good.
To request a same-day appointment for an inspection of your property, please give us a call at (757) 690-2254 or feel free to contact us online.